Baby Sleep Tips:
Secret #12 -Your Baby will rest best in a “sleep-friendly” room.
Its fun to decorate nursery: the sweet bedding! adorable toys! lovely shower gifts! But remember, the whole point of a nursery is for baby sleep.
Go ahead and make your baby’s room as cute as can be, but be sure to incorporate a few elements that will help guarantee he’ll be able to actually sleep in it:
- Walls painted soft, neutral or pale colors.
- A dimmer on the overhead light or lamp–so you won’t have to perform those wee hour feedings and diaper changes under glaring lights.
- A night-light.
- Room-darkening shades.
- Thermostat set between 68 and 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- A white-noise machine, especially if you have older children, a dog that barks a lot or if you live in a noisy neighborhood.
- A crib with a firm mattress.
- Keep stimulating toys, like black-and-white mobiles, out of the crib.
Excerpt from “52 Sleep Secrets”
Photography by by janineomg on Flickr
Did you find this article helpful? Please share it with your friends by clicking below, or ask a question on The Sleep Lady Facebook page.